Accelerating NYC's Tourism Recovery Featuring From The Bronx
The Center for an Urban Future (CUF) is a leading New York City-based think tank that generates smart and sustainable public policies to reduce inequality, increase economic mobility, and grow the economy.
On June 29, 2022 CUF hosted a policy symposium entitled Accelerating NYC's Tourism Recovery designed to "explore actions that city and state leaders, tourism agencies, and economic development officials could take to supercharge New York’s tourism recovery, ensure the economic benefits are widely shared, and lay the groundwork for a stronger tourism economy in the future." That's a long sentence. Take a second to reread and then come back H E R E. All done? Welcome back!
From The Bronx's co-founder, Anthony Ramirez II, was invited for an ideas focused discussion with some of the best and brightest across New York. The full panel included:
- Fred Dixon, President & CEO, NYC & Company
- Nikoa Evans, Executive Director, Harlem Park to Park; Co-Founder, Harlem Festival of Culture
- Peter Madonia, Chairman, Belmont Business Improvement District; Former Chief of Staff, Mayor Michael Bloomberg
- Anthony Ramirez II, Co-Owner, The Bronx Beer Hall & From The Bronx
- Andrew Rigie, Executive Director, New York City Hospitality Alliance
- Tim Tompkins, Principal, SharedCitySharedSpace; Former President, Times Square Alliance
While we won't (and can't) recap the entire conversation in this blog, we're happy to report that From The Bronx was well represented! Our mission echoed throughout the conversation as Anthony made a case for collaboration across districts and "New York first" policy changes.
Here are some select quotes from the event:
SOURCE: Center for An Urban Future Twitter
If you're interested in learning more about the panel or watching the full discussion, visit HERE.
FROM THE BRONX TO THE WORLD!!
Leave a comment